· Ram introduces the 2018 Ram 2500/3500 Heavy Duty Longhorn “Ram Rodeo” Edition—luxurious capability and a Southwestern theme
· The Longhorn Ram Rodeo is ready for hauling with class-exclusive, trailer-focused features
· Class-leading interior with premium materials: wood, leather and steel trim
Sept 27, 2018, Dallas, Texas – Ram today revealed the new 2018 2500/3500 Heavy Duty Longhorn “Ram Rodeo” Edition. Based on the Longhorn trim, the Longhorn Ram Rodeo adds content to this luxury pickup leading in style, durability and capability.
The Ram Longhorn is the world’s benchmark for upscale pickup trucks, earning the title Luxury Pickup Truck of Texas from the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) two years in a row.
“The 2018 Heavy Duty Longhorn Ram Rodeo Edition is the ultimate combination of capability, refinement and towing content,” said Jim Morrison, Head of Ram Truck Brand, FCA – North America. “Truck buyers at this level expect to see and feel the highest quality materials. The Ram Rodeo brings together the advanced technology and towing content in America’s longest-lasting truck.”
Loaded with premium materials, the Longhorn interior presents unique features and design cues. The Longhorn Ram Rodeo Edition builds on that theme by adding a suede headliner against beautifully contrasted interior colors such as Black and Cattle Tan.
Ram Rodeo’s exterior design upgrades include body-colored bumpers and side-steps. Distinctive “LONGHORN” badging stretches across the width of the tailgate against available RV Match Walnut Brown, Brilliant Black Crystal, Bright White, Pearl White, Delmonico Red or Granite Crystal Metallic (monotone only). 20-inch aluminum wheels with optional painted pockets are standard on Ram 2500/3500 single-rear-wheel trucks. Ram 3500 dual-rear-wheel trucks receive 17-polished aluminum wheels.
The Ram Rodeo includes a 5th wheel/gooseneck trailer prep package and bed-view camera to provide owners with a factory solution for heavy trailers and deliver a clear view to align with the hitch point. The Longhorn Ram Rodeo also features Ram’s exclusive rear air suspension for comfort and expert load-leveling when hauling payload or trailer.
Rounding out exterior features, the addition of a Mopar bed step and Ram’s skid plate protection group will remind owners that although luxurious, the Ram Heavy Duty Longhorn Ram Rodeo is very much a pickup ready for work.
The Heavy Duty Longhorn Ram Rodeo Edition is available in Crew Cab and Mega Cab, 4×2 and 4×4 configurations. Standard 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 or optional 6.7-liter Cummins Turbo-diesel I-6.
2018 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty Longhorn Ram Rodeo – Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) $60,790, not including $1,695 destination
2018 Ram 3500 Heavy Duty Longhorn Ram Rodeo – Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) $71,260, not including $1,695 destination
The new Ram Heavy Duty 2500/3500 Longhorn Ram Rodeo will be available in the third quarter of 2018.
About Ram Truck Brand
Since its launch as a stand-alone division in 2009, the Ram Truck brand has steadily emerged as an industry leader with trucks that are proven to last.
Creating a distinct identity for Ram trucks has allowed the brand to concentrate on core customers and the features they find valuable. Whether focusing on a family that uses a Ram 1500 day-in and day-out, a hard-working Ram 3500 Heavy Duty owner or a business that depends on its Ram ProMaster commercial van every day for deliveries, Ram has the truck market covered.
In order to be the best, it takes a commitment to innovation, capability, efficiency and durability. Ram Truck invests substantially in its products, infusing them with great looks, refined interiors, durable engines and exclusive features that further enhance their capabilities.
Ram continues to beat the competition in the most sought-after titles:
· Over the last 30 years, Ram has the highest percentage of pickups still on the road
· Highest owner loyalty of any half-ton pickup
· Highest Ram torque ever – 930 lb.-ft. with Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel
· Highest 5th wheel towing capacity – 30,000 lbs. with Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel
· Best ride and handling with exclusive link coil rear and auto-level air suspensions
· Best-in-class 4×4 fuel economy and range with EcoDiesel – 27 mpg with Ram 1500
· Best-in-class gas towing – 16,320 pounds with Ram 2500
· Highest snow plow rating – Ram 2500 and 3500
· Most luxurious trim available in pickups with Ram Tungsten Limited Edition
· Most interior space with Ram Mega Cab
· Most capable full-size off-road pickup – Ram Power Wagon
Truck customers, from half-ton to commercial, have a demanding range of needs and require their vehicles to provide high levels of capability. Ram trucks are designed to deliver a total package. Source: Ram