- VelociRaptoR 1000 package advances the new V8-powered Ford Raptor R to supertruck levels.
- Supercharger upgrade and other performance enhancements will boost the output of the 5.2-liter V8 by more than 40 percent
- Capability is enhanced by aggressive bumpers, larger wheels, and LED auxiliary lighting
- Engineering prowess based on Hennessey’s experience with the ‘S550’ GT500 Venom program
- VelociRaptoR 1000 is covered by Hennessey’s comprehensive 2-year/24,000-mile warranty
Sealy, Texas (December 20, 2022) – Hennessey, the Texas-based hypercar manufacturer and high-performance vehicle creator, has announced an engineering and development program for the new V8-powered Ford F-150 Raptor R. When it debuts in the first quarter of 2023, the ‘Hennessey VelociRaptoR 1000‘ is anticipated to boast nearly 1,000 bhp and more than 850 lb-ft of torque – engine output that would make the adept off-road pick-up one of the quickest and most powerful in the world.
Boasting two more cylinders than the standard F-150 Raptor and fitted with a single supercharger as opposed to a twin-turbocharger configuration, the flagship Raptor R leaves the Dearborn Truck Plant in Michigan with Ford’s 5.2-litre ‘Predator’ V8 fitted with a 2.65-liter supercharger – stock output is rated at 700 hp. Hennessey’s engineers, obsessed with high-power combustion engines, plan to replace the stock blower with a larger 3.8-liter supercharger. It will be complemented with high-flow induction, larger fuel injectors, upgraded fuel lines, and a new supercharger belt. When the final calibration is complete, the result is expected to be a 40 percent increase in output.
With 30 years of experience in ‘making fast cars faster,’ Hennessey’s engineers have a solid process in place to fast-track vehicle R&D. The Predator V8 under the hood of the Raptor R shares architecture with that of the Ford Mustang GT500 – a vehicle that Hennessey reliably upgrades to more than 1,200 bhp. After fitting the larger supercharger, the team will calibrate and test using its in-house suite of dynos, plus perform extensive on and off-road evaluations at Hennessey’s testing facility. All this experience, research, development, and refinement will deliver a VelociRaptoR 1000 with manufacturer levels of quality and reliability, backed by a 2-year / 24,000-mile Hennessey warranty.
Source : Hennessey Performance