1967 Shelby GT350 Fastback For Sale for sale at the Mecum Auctions Indianapolis,10, 2020 to Jul 17, 2020
- Shelby No. 6S002
- The first production 1966 Shelby GT350 by serial number (SFM6S001 was a factory prototype)
- 1 of 252 very desirable “carry-over” cars in 1966
- HiPo 289/306 HP V-8 engine
- T-10 aluminum 4-speed manual transmission
- Originally delivered by Shelby American to Jack Loftus Ford, Inc. in Hinsdale, Illinois on October 19, 1965.
- Sold new to original owner Thomas Cavanaugh of Oak Park, Illinois
- Purchased by Dr. Michael F. Conmy of Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1972
- Raced in auto-crosses and open track events until the mid-1970’s, then extensively vintage raced at Road America, Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, Blackhawk Farms, Mid-Ohio and other Mid-West tracks
- In 2008 it was sold to Curt Vogt of Cobra Automotive who restored it to a concours level
- Part of the John Atzbach Collection since 2010.
- Atzbach commissioned John Brown of Thoroughbred Restorations in Oklahoma City to perform a concours restoration completed in 2012
- Invited to the prestigious Kirkland Concours d’Elegance in 2012 where it was awarded Best in Class
- Wimbledon White with Guardsman Blue LeMans Stripes and Black interior
- Shelby Cragar wheels